How do I correctly post my new address?
The sign installers from Lange Enterprises will be posting the new 6-digit site address in a uniform location. Cities and villages participating in Uniform Addressing will need to state this in their respective municipal codes.
For most homes (and some businesses) in participating municipalities, workers from Lange Enterprises will install double-sided, flag-style address signs with lettering/numbering indicating the municipality, the property number, and the road/highway.
- • Uniform Size: 20 x 9 inches
- • Uniform Color: Reflective, blue background with reflective, white numbers and letters (the best color combination for emergency response crews to easily read day or night)
- • Uniform Location: Left side when entering driveway (If there is an obstruction, the Lange workers have the authority to shift placement, including installing the sign on the right side of the driveway, if needed.)
If your business’s building is more than 75 feet from the roadway, workers from Lange Enterprises will install a blue flag-style sign so that emergency services personnel and delivery drivers can quickly and easily find your address.
A select number of residences (and some businesses) will receive a single-sided address sign, along with instructions and guidelines for affixing the sign to a home/building so that emergency services personnel and delivery drivers can quickly and easily find your address.
- • Uniform Size: 14 x 3.5 inches
- • Uniform Color: Black numbers on a reflective, white background
- • Uniform Location: Within 4 feet of main entrance; must be visible from the road
If your business receives a building-mounted Uniform Address sign, it has been determined that your building is close enough to the road for a building-mounted Uniform Address sign to be visible. We will provide installation instructions for you to install the address sign yourself.
We understand that businesses may have special needs or circumstances regarding Uniform Address signs. As we get closer to implementation, the CPZ Department will communicate various display options that comply with municipal ordinances while also allowing some flexibility for businesses.
Please visit www.MyMarathonCountyAddress.org for updates and further details as they become available.